Skip to main content
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn more.

The pink EXIT SITE button on the left of the page will quickly take you to google to hide the page but you will still need to delete your internet browsing history to fully cover your tracks. Please visit the women's aid website for information on how to cover your tracks online.

Clare House is a safe and compassionate environment where lives can be rebuilt

It is purpose built for women and children who are experiencing domestic violence or living in fear of a partner or family member.

We also manage the domestic abuse helpline for people South Ribble and Chorley.

What is domestic abuse?

It is the abuse of a partner within an intimate or family relationship and the use of intimidation to control someone. It can be physical, psychological, financial or sexual.


What should I do if someone I know is suffering domestic abuse?

If you are suffering from abuse at home or you know someone who is, please call our domestic abuse helpline to speak to an advisor in confidence on 01772 435865. The line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Alternatively you can use live chat to speak to someone, text us on 07790971237, available between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday, or email us at


Please note that in life-threatening or dangerous situations you must always contact 999.


Covering your tracks

If you are concerned that your visit to this or other websites might be tracked by your partner, please visit the women's aid website for help.


Useful links

Women experiencing domestic abuse can also contact the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 to talk in strict confidence and to get advice.

Men experiencing domestic violence can contact the Men's Advice Line on 0808 801 0327.

Homeless due to Domestic Violence
Womens Aid
South Ribble Council housing advice
Preston housing advice


Current residents

If you are a currently staying in our refuges, you can access your tenancy information here.


Lancashire Refuges


Lancashire Refuges is our countywide domestic abuse support service in partnership with Fylde Coast Women’s Aid (FCWA), The Liberty Centre in West Lancs and Progress Housing Group in South Ribble and Chorley Women’s Refuge.

Together, we offer a wider level of immediate support to victims of domestic abuse with a single point of access to accept referrals from across Lancashire, in Burnley, Pendle, Lancaster, Preston, Wyre, Fylde, Leyland, Chorley and Skelmersdale.